#TiburcioTipidTips on UNTV
So far, it’s always a “Yes” for me when it comes to invitations for TV interviews.
Spreading financial literacy gives me joy and fulfillment because it’s one of the struggles of our beloved country.
(By the way, comment below or contact me if you want to join me in my advocacy of financial wellness for Pinoys!)
When UNTV contacted me to do a live interview to share #TiburcioTipidTips for rising inflation, I cleared my schedule and agreed to do it.
To better serve the audience, I asked for the guide questions for the segment. I’ll share it with you here because our segment was too short and I wanted to share more, haha!
If you want to watch my segment, you can watch it beginning at the 10-minute mark:
#TiburcioTipidTips during high (or low) inflation
Why do Filipinos tend to overspend?
- Lack of financial goals
- Not seeing the big financial picture
- Being too emotional about spending money (Spending too much on parties, birthdays, gifts)
- Going with trends or keeping up with trends
- Financial responsibilities are transferred to them (Retiring parents, education of younger siblings)
Common mistakes in handling and managing money
- Financially illiterate
- Spending first before saving
- Not monitoring or tracking their daily expenses
- Getting involved in “get rich quick” schemes
- Not having a budget
How to prioritize financial goals?
- Pay off debts and stop incurring debts
- Set-up your safety fund
- Get life and health insurance
- Save and invest for retirement
- Think ahead for children’s education
Tips for minimum wage earners
- Quit vices (smoking, drinking)
- Look for ways to earn additional income
- Shift mindset from being a victim to a victor
- Determine which expenses can be done away with
- Do not rely entirely on the government
Which of these tips will you act upon IMMEDIATELY?
If you want to change your life, you better change your habits.
Determine which habits are effectively taking you closer to your goals and keep them. Let go of those that don’t support your goals.
Leave your comments below and let’s discuss!
Latest posts by Argel Tiburcio (see all)
- Make P250 GCash in less than 5 Minutes | AIA Philam Life Promo - April 6, 2021
- Ask These Questions to Plan for Your Retirement | Retirement Planning - March 22, 2021
- How to Get Your Finances Back on Track with Our Free Online Financial Calculator - February 17, 2021