Nick Vujicic Live in Manila
When I first knew about the advertisement that Nick Vujicic will be coming here in Manila, I immediately bought VIP tickets because it was such a steal and because I really wanted to see him and hear him speak live about his struggles in life and how he overcame them..
I bought three VIP tickets and pondered that I should try and put the ticket up for grabs for my readers (and future readers) so I decided to run a raffle.
It was the very first raffle to be run on my blog and I was very happy to learn the ins and outs of using Rafflecopter (This is the widget I used for collecting raffle entries).
Last May 15, 2013, the winner of the Nick Vujicic VIP ticket was randomly picked from the entries. Irish Duran, a Product Designer from San Fernando, Pampanga and also a member of Bo Sanchez’ Truly Rich Club was the lucky winner!
Here’s our picture before the event when I handed over her ticket:
The line was sooooooooooo long but luckily it was fast moving and I got inside with a little more time to buy some drinks.
While buying the drinks (and some french fries), the couple standing behind me looked familiar.
It was Kristine Hermosa and Oyo Sotto! Haha! Sorry to tell you but I was so starstruck that I wasn’t able to take a photo with them :p
I settled in my seat, took a few pictures, listened to songs from a group of Tenors (forgot their name) and Christian Bautista and a short talk about wealth and mindset headed by Mr. Chinkee Tan.
The whole Araneta was excited as we grew closer and closer to seeing and hearing Nick Vujicic.
Then, at last, Nick Vujicic was on stage.
No arms, no legs, but still able to make his dreams and even other’s dreams come true.
He even has a very good sense of humor!
Of course, I didn’t pass this event up to take notes. Here are a few (I took an audio recording and a video recording at one point):
- Plant seeds of encouragement and love
- Full assurance in the heart – FAITH
- False Evidence Appearing Real – FEAR
- Always give yourself a chance
- All things come together for the good
- One small step at a time
- Small steps at the right direction
- Peace sign using his foot
- Sprained foot, Felt disabled haha
- Be thankful!
- Stressed out kids
- If you’re not happy single you’re not gonna be happy married
- Happy today because he is thankful
- Money is nothing
- 3 dearest things in life (people)
- Unforgiveness is like drinking poison
- It starts with purpose
- Courage to fail
- Fail first
- Obstacles = opportunity
- Failure = education
- Faith over fear
- Always a sunny day above the clouds
Overall, it was a very moving and inspiring experience!
If you missed it, don’t worry because he announced that he and his team will be planning to go back here in Manila on 2014!
I’ll let you guys know if I already uploaded some of the videos I took during the event.
To our success in all areas of life,
I’m on Facebook: http://bit.ly/argeltiburcio-dot-com
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/argeltiburcio
Add me on your Google+ circles: http://www.google.com/+ArgelTiburcio
Check out my Pins on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/argeltiburcio/
Grab my FREE E-Book and newsletter: http://bit.ly/free_updates
Latest posts by Argel Tiburcio (see all)
- Be Insured in just Under 20 Minutes – Online Insurance Application - July 30, 2021
- Get Your PhP 200,000 Free Insurance Coverage for COVID-19! - July 7, 2021
- Do not invest if you don’t know this! | Hierarchy of Financial Needs - April 21, 2021